I’m Ben Rogers
E-commerce and Digital Marketing Leader
0413 726 740
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I am a digital all-rounder with an eye for creativity and analytics. I bring ample experience on the tools as well as leading teams and projects. I got started with search and have added skills in analytics, performance advertising and customer experience to my toolkit. You will find me to be a big picture thinker who boldly asks why when faced with a problem to solve. I excel when being challenged. Enjoy learning new tools, all things digital and automation.
I look forward to joining the team.
SEO & SEM
Display network advertising
Performance social media
QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS/ADVERTISING AND MARKETING
QUT Business Dean’s Honours List recipient
COVER-MORE TRAVEL INSURANCE GROUP
GLOBAL SEARCH AND ANALYTICS MANAGER MAR 2017 – SEP 2018
- Achieved high year on year growth (traffic and revenue) in all my channels, including maximising return on investment per advertising dollar spent. Delivered at the same time, we were able to grow media spend by 50% and reduce average CPC.
- Accelerated introduction of programmatic media as a new channel for the business in key markets and introduced a double click and new partner to the company. Channel is now reflecting well over 100% year on year growth in some months.
- Delivered ability to better use our customer data to more efficiently target previous customers and seek high-value lookalikes which were previously missed in targeting.
- Sold the need to redesign critical parts of the site including a new quote box to better serve users engagement with our website. Included partnering with Google to deliver the first AMP Travel Insurance quote box in the world.
- Changed approach to creative advertising including video and animated HTML5 display ads. Ideas are driven by customers’ needs instead of PR type messages. Currently, these have exceeded revenue expectations. These campaigns were put forward to industry awards with B&T and Google Case Comp.
- Introduced next generation of web code to the sites (AMP) to improve user experience from a faster experience. Currently operating in parts of the Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom websites. A key pillar of my organic search strategy to increase Google’s crawl budget.
- Researched, procured and negotiated below market rate for best in market session tracking tool. Insights from this have proven so valuable, rollout has continued up to parent company Zurich.
- Worked on a cookie solution to assign a non-repeatable random value to site visitors to allow custom pricing and on page personalisation based on CRM data and session behaviour.
- Owned all aspects of Search (SEO and SEM), Programmatic Display and all Digital Analytics for the global direct businesses. A frequent contributor to the strategy for Social Media Performance Marketing, UX and UI and website optimisation.
- I worked with agencies across the globe within the expectations of my title as well as UX/UI design work, custom Java scripting for optimisation tasks and creative development. I was accountable for the work delivered by 20 people in these agencies. Included iProspect, Quantcast and Sojern.
- Monitored performance across all the direct sites, managed projects and recommend solutions to continue growth including contributing to business cases.
- Maintained and updated Google Tag Manager for direct websites including creation of new properties and new AMP containers as these became needed.
- Prepared reports on customers, site activity and web best practices. Helped evaluated businesses around the world under consideration for being acquired.
- Mentored the broader team and interns on digital marketing including CMS functionality, coding, design, SEO tools, briefing agencies and marketing strategy.
Reason for Departure
I left Cover-More to find a role with a more significant business in the financial services sector with larger budgets and greater career opportunities.
FLIGHT CENTRE TRAVEL GROUP
HEAD OF SEO | TEAM LEADER OCT 2016 – MAR 2017
- During a hiring freeze presented a successful $500K business case which allowed us to accelerate organic search. Package included creating four new full-time roles and the purchase of Brightedge an enterprise level SEO tool.
- Set up lines of communication with our sister team in the US and UK with the purpose of sharing knowledge and resources.
- Evolved the purpose of the team to the goal of making Flight Centre a thought leader in the SEO space. Their reputation continues to grow.
- Regularly presented to business leaders on the benefits of SEO and strategies that contributed to increased revenue.
- Lead the speed and performance guild with a mandate to improve all aspects of website speed to deliver a better user experience.
- With six direct reports, the team oversaw SEO for 13 Flight Centre Travel Group brands. As a team, we worked on and managed digital projects that drove revenue in collaboration with other digital and marketing teams.
Reason for Departure
Cover-More approached me with the opportunity to manage more channels and bigger budgets, the opportunity of which was not avilable at Flight Centre.
SESSIONAL ACADEMIC | TUTOR DIGITAL PORTFOLIO JUN 2016 – JUN 2017
- On multiple occasions, I assisted high performing students to gain work and internships
- Took a learning first approach and offered all students the opportunity for a call to talk through their assignments.
- Brought real-world examples to all the tutorials I presented
- Taught and marked digital marketing assignments
Reason for Departure
No growth opportunities and the repetition of material each semester didn’t interest me long term. After three semesters passed my position on to a former colleague
HEAD OF CLIENT STRATEGY | DIGITAL & ECOMMERCE TEAM LEADER JAN 2016 – OCT 2016
- Fastrack is a leading digital marketing agency, with a focus on tourism, hospitality and lifestyle businesses. Clients included small BnBs in small towns, to large hotels in major cities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of all marketing activities for a portfolio of 24 hotel and tourism clients.
- Lead a team of developers, marketers and designers through the agencies projects.
- A typical day involved developing and overseeing the implementation of marketing strategies across search, email and social.
- Role required frequent travel interstate and overseas
SENIOR PRODUCT SPECIALIST | QLD TEAM LEADER JUN 2013 – AUG 2015
- As a team, we strengthened Google’s retail presence across Australia and helped make devices like the Chromecast a household name.
- Delivered marketing and sales strategies based on consumer insights we collected from direct marketing.
- Promoted to Queensland team leader after six weeks, where I led and trained a team of six specialists to reach their sales KPI’s.
- Developed relationships in stores across the state to be able to educate their staff on Google’s hardware and increase the inventory they move.
MARKETING MANAGER JULY 2014 – CURRENT
- Ensured my client’s businesses grow through digital marketing, and ran more efficiently with help of automation.
- Popular services I offer included SEO, SEM, Facebook Ads, Email marketing and website/email management.
- Bingeable series
I look forward to working with you